Photobucket

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

ASMR & triggers

So for those who don't know ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. Basically it is a pleasant tingling sensation felt in the head, neck, spine or other parts of the body in response to stimuli. The best way for me to describe it, is ask if you get tingles when random people brush your hair? If you do, that's what it is, except you can also get it just from sounds.

Lots of people can get it just from hearing random tapping or scratching sounds. I personally feel tingles when people are brushing my hair, sometimes when I hear people playing with a brush or brushing their own hair, from people gum chewing, from people leaning in close and whispering to me in certain ways, from spray bottles, from people writing little notes on paper and folding them up. Etc. This is not sexual! I do not feel turned on by this, I just feel pleasant and happy. (There is a common misconception outside the community that people get turned on by watching these videos, maybe some do, but I don't.)



So far my favorite ASMR'ers are:  Gentlewhispering,  Sweetseductiveasmr,   Malesoothe,  SoftWhisperings
Mostly cause of their accents & personality & they caused the most triggers.

 My first ASMR video.

The response I got from the ASMR community is very positive and I might do more of these kinda videos (although, I'll still post whatever random videos I still do make that have nothing to do with this)


So it feels weird sharing this little tidbit of information about me but yes ASMR is something I listen to on random nights on my iphone to help me fall asleep. Something like this just proves how fascinating the brain really is and proves much more why I wanna major in Psychology.

No comments:

Post a Comment