Photobucket

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

/sigh money matters and opinions

The infamous "if I was rich instantly" idea.

*I'd pay off all my current debt first thing.
*I'd pay off all my families debt (my mom has a ton in medical bills).
*Depending how much money I had, I'd hire a person to help me invest/control it.
*I'd buy a new car, either a Camaro or Chevy Volt. Custom made.
*I'd completely renovate the house I'm in now for my parents. Like tear it down, re-landscape it and build a new one on the ground.
*I'd buy myself a reasonable nice house in the bay area for me and Eddy to move to and a couple room mates? (Who wants to live with us for a lil bit? Kayla, Kate, Jill?)
*I'd buy Kayla and her mom a house and help take care of the family ranch/well.
*I'd have a big party and cater L&L Hawaiian BBQ 
*Get everything on my wish list, which is expensive to me now but would be knocked out in a day ;D
*Finish my education, fully paid for, maybe live in the dorms somewhere and look for a good job I can invest into.
*I wouldn't stop working, but I'd rather find a job I much enjoyed compared to Slave-mart.

If only.


Its amazing how people in the United States are programmed, or told in our western society that the goal is to become rich. Or get a job that makes you rich. Where as Japan and a lot of other country's, retail and other jobs aren't as frowned upon. Each person is important, emphasizing the wheel can't turn without the spokes. Of course in other countries, a lot of things are more expensive but the minimum wage is also way higher. 


I don't want to be so filthy rich that I become greedy or inhumane. Rather, I'd like more money to live a lifestyle that I wish I could have lived growing up that more fortunate people live. Also to help out my parents, because I hate seeing my dad stress so much everyday and having to work so hard after retirement to keep us afloat. Nothing like hearing bill collectors calling the house all the time and seeing your parents go to a lawyer to avoid bankruptcy. Nothing like being dragged out of bed at 8am so your dad can take you to Golden 1 to withdraw your savings of $500 to get to $3k so he can pay a bill immediately. I had no idea what had happened that day. I'm scared to ask.

Then it sucks to hear your best friend has to pay so much to take care of her parents. And wishing you could do something to help her, on top of wishing you could already help yourself and your own parents. 

Growing up, it didn't feel like this. When Bill Clinton was in office, it felt like even if people were poor in the early 90's they were happy and people had money to do things. 

 Even if I can't get rich instantly, I really strive to make a good living one day, that I make enough to take care of my basic needs, to pay all my bills, and not have to worry so much and also to afford decent entertainment and have good friends and family over. You know, just enough to make life really good.

And I do have a pretty good life now as bad as it can be at times. As much as I feel I'm at my breaking point. I see others less fortunate than me and it pushes me more deep inside that i need to be thankful for what I already have and be even more determined to get where I wanna go. I don't know if I'll be able to do that staying in Stockton...

So as much as I believed 2012 was a year of change, I think I also had a lot of fun this year and I believe that 2013 will be more stressful, more goal/work orientated to get me, where I need to go. 


Also I found it funny that Savemart responded to my idea:
 Because it would be nicet o feel more comfortable at work. We look like Burger town workers, not "professional"

No comments:

Post a Comment